April 16, 2010

Pictures from the Naka Trunk Show

I am pleased to say that the trunk show was a success!  We were busy the whole night, made some sales, and new customers came to Naka.  I had a great time, as friends from many facets of my life came to see me.  I think that was the Facebok effect!  I got to visit with people in my current friends group that I hang out with fairly often, fellow artists from both my clay/art fair and bead worlds, and even a pair of friends from high school!  I hadn't seen them in about 20 years, so that was a real treat!

So here are some pictures of my little table that I set up for a few hours in the window of the store.  I was lucky to share the window seat with Ava the store doggie.  She had a lot to bark about, as it was a very nice evening and there were lots of dogs going for walks on the street.  She is a sweet dog.

I probably brought too much stuff, but I think I made a nice looking (yet full) display.  I had a little bit of everything.  It was great to get feedback on the jewelry, which I do not usually have available for sale. That is one of the drawbacks of selling mostly online... not getting to hear feedback and questions and see people interact with the beads and jewelry.  I learn a lot that way!

So I was very pleased with the night!  I would love to do another show there sometime, and I am newly inspired to possibly apply for a small jewelry show for the fall or winter.  I also photographed all of the new jewelry that I finished and intend to list it in the Etsy Galleria sometime soon.

Thanks again to Naka and to all of you who stopped by!



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

6 comments:

  1. Looks real polished and professional...you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your display is beautiful.everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking display! You have a real feast for the eyes here. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased for you! Nothing like a good day of clearing out well-loved stock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome display and I'm so happy for you that the show was a success! I can tell you from my retail days that your displays are spot on. More is better.
    You are so right about selling online. Sometimes it seems so impersonal selling to faceless people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful display! You were probably better off with too much rather than too little, right :)

    ReplyDelete