April 18, 2010

Owl Bellies and Extra Links

I have made another update to my Owl Pendant options on the Earthenwood Website.  The rusty colored owls were much more popular than the lighter, tan colored ones, so I just kept all of the rusty options.  I thought it was best to keep one main color, especially since I wanted to add two new options for belly colors!  I love the way these turned out, so these are the three new color options available for the owls, both in the round and tall style!  I call the green one Leaf Belly and the seafoam one Sea Belly.  The names make me giggle a little!

Last night, we got all dressed up to go to Mason (a little over an hour away) for the Chocolate Party. We made these little tomato/mozzarella/basil on a toothpick snacks, which were fun to put together and gobbled up at the party.  And of course I sampled a variety of chocolate and sweets.  Yummy!  I am glad I didn't over-do it and that others brought non sweets too so I had a good balance of snacks. Today I hope to do some clay work in the late afternoon.  Before I start that, Alex and I are heading to the hobby store to look for more train parts for clay and collage, and then out for some groceries.  He is making me dinner tonight, and I am really looking forward to it.  I have a week full of unpleasant tasks ahead, and have to prep for a bead show in Chicagoland on Saturday, so I am looking forward to dinner and maybe movies and relaxing tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and here are this week's Extra Links:
A Bead A Day
Give (inexpensive) beads a chance! Oh, the variety you can find at the craft store!

About.com Jewelry Making
Where do you create your jewelry and other crafts? Show, tell, and look at some great craft spaced created by other designers.

Art Bead Scene
Art beads don't have to be round, they can be toggles too!

Barbe Saint John
Putting out the call for Steampunk art!

Beading Arts
Cyndi has just finished up a floral necklace that features fabric!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi is photographing the jeweled decolletage on paintings in Paris again!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
Cindy's personal history finds its way into her work.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie mixes shell pearls from Rings and Things with metallic hardware motifs to create a softer industial look

Katie's Beading Blog
Share your ideas about beading trends and be entered to win a copy of Jean Campbell's new book, Steampunk Style Jewelry.

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Dig out your button collection, because wonderful Keepsake jewelry can be made from it, and Lorelei shows some examples!

Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!
Join the fun and become a fan of the lovely jewelry design magazine, Australian Beading Magazine!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew teams up with Cathy Collison of Glass Garden Beads for this week's Thursday Giveaway. You could win a set of three hip bottle-cap beads!





Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I loooove the teal bellied one! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete