April 15, 2010

Naka Trunk Show and Urban Collection

 Well I think I am about ready for today's Trunk Show at Naka!  I have everything crossed off of my massive list, and two big boxes packed.  I hope I have everything I need!  I am bringing the Now Showing line, Toolbox Treasures, all of my resin necklaces, a handful of charms and pendants, and some brand new pieces like the ones shown above.

I think I want to call this design Urban and the whole collection will be called Locale, I think.  There are two other designs, so far, and all three are inspired by places.  The Urban pieces are inspired by the streets of an urban environment: danger signs, traffic lights, asphalt and the industry of the streets.  All of the pieces use mixed metals and simple ceramic pieces with asymmetrical designs.

I need a little nap before I go out for the evening. If you are in the Ferndale area tonight, stop by Naka and say hello!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment