April 28, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

New house inspired pendants above, just listed in the Etsy shop.  They are a little dark and dirty looking, which I like, honestly.  It reflects the mixed feelings I have about my old house and the struggles I am having with the mortgage stuff.  It is not going well, unfortunately.  Home prices in the area are so low that my house will not likely appraise for more than I owe on it, which makes refinancing impossible or difficult, as I understand it.  So I think I have to wait, and I have to learn more about this stuff, which stresses me out and frustrates me. I try to keep this blog as positive as I can, but I am not in a very positive place in my head right now because of this stuff, so that's that.

Anyway, in other news... I fired a kiln and finished a bunch of orders yesterday.  There were some experiments with very funny and unexpected results, too.  I'll show those over the weekend for the Song post.  It sort of entertained me this morning when I opened the kiln!  Today, I am cleaning off my bead desk, which is a huge mess.  I need to make way to do some designing.  There is a submission deadline coming up soon, and I have to design a new class design for the bead guild class I am planning to offer this summer.  The other one didn't work out, so I would like to come up with something new.  There will be chain, knotting, and wirework with some of the new house components and probably an owl.  It has been a long time since I got to sit down and bead, so I am looking forward to it.

 
 Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, funny glaze results, I'm intrigued!! I'm sorry about the refi mess, we're on the "upside down" side of home ownership right now as well which is a shame because we'd love to refi. Unfortunately it's usually a case of just waiting until the market goes back on the upswing. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not ha-ha funny... weird funny though!

    Thanks for letting me know I am not alone in the housing game. Unfortunately, it is more than a matter of wanting to refi to get a lower rate, I NEED to refi in order to get the mortgage in my name solely. I didn't realize that and now I am suffering the consequences. :( It will work out someday, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie,

    If you didn't know (or remember; we did meet a whopping once ;) -- I was a foreclosure-prevention counselor for three years, which means I happen to know every damn thing one could know, just about, about problem mortgages and homes in trouble. If I can be of any help to you, feel free to let me know; I'm happy to answer any questions or whatever.

    Best of luck! It will work out eventually. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're in the middle of a refi right now and it's a mess, so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pure-doxyk,
    No, I didn't remember that. I may take you up on that and ask you a few questions! The mortgage company guy was like a robot and not very helpful, and I am over my head here. Thanks

    ReplyDelete