April 7, 2010

Art Beads Artistry: Mayfly Dance

As I mentioned in my last post, I recently picked out a bunch of beading components from Art Beads to celebrate the Beauty of Spring.  I got way too many to fit into one piece, so I made a second necklace with this collection of Czech glass leaf beads*
 There were so many colors and styles to choose from, so I concentrated on two of each of three styles.  I wanted to use pearly pale colors and some pale greens.  I have trouble working with pastels, so I like to challenge myself.  I paired the leaves with some Swarovski pearls and one of my Mayfly pendants as the centerpiece and a bronze Green Girl Studios clasp to finish it off.  A successful attempt at Spring inspiration and pastels, if I don't say so myself!
*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Art Beads were provided as a promotional gift for review or design purposes.



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. You should challenge yourself more often! Love the results. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like it! Possibly because it looks just like something I would make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the mayfly dance piece,partly because i love your work,it's always inspiring,but, also because green is my favorite color.i was hoping you would do a spring giveaway with your spring line beads,i love that bright green one.

    ReplyDelete