March 28, 2010

Stop, Slow, Go Show

 Well, I gotta be honest, the show here in Madison was not as good for me as I had hoped it would be.  Yesterday was decent, but I didn't do incredibly well, after making my expenses. Today was rather slow, up until the last hour, which had a big surge of activity.  A couple of good sales to other vendors made today decent, sales-wise.  Also, I got to meet the fabulous Brenda Schweder who has been a Facebook friend, and I was excited to get to chat with her face-to-face.  I had time and tools on hand, so I ended up making about 6 pieces of jewelry that will be used for magazine submissions. That was a good use of time, at least.  We decided to not go insane and try to drive back to Detroit after a full day of work, so we are leaving early in the morning for our 8-ish hour drive home. I'm just killing time tonight, I listed the three hearts from yesterday's post over on Etsy, and getting ready for bed shortly. So that's the wrap up. Here are this week's Extra Links:
A Bead A Day
Ahh..spring green!! Otherwise known as peridot, Lisa uses some swarovski components to create a bright, spring bracelet. 

About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy has been showing off some of her favorite jewelry pieces on her blog this week like this pretty earring and necklace set.  

Art Bead Scene
It's the Art Bead Scene Monthly Carnival Blog. This month's theme is "passion."

Beading Arts
Does the beginning of spring lift your spirits? Cyndi has made a spring bracelet sponsored by Artbeads to celebrate this most wonderful of all seasons. 

Carmi's Art/Life World
A vintage TUMs container becomes a necklace centerpiece in Carmi's project this week. 

Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva
Rewind: Is your bronze metal clay warping? Then Cindy's got the tool for you - Rawhide! 

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Whoo- whoo! New porcelain owl pendants inspired by internet sensation Molly the Owl  

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Lorelei is playing around with the idea of collections and series in her jewelry line. 

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean's sharp eye spots the first announcement of a BeadStyle Magazine special issue she will be appearing in! 

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew recaps a recent trip to Detroit for the Great Lakes Bead Guild's Bead Bonanza.  



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that it didn't go as well as you had hoped. I would have been there but as it is we had two bball games today (4 yesterday) and I was clear on the other side of the state. I am sure that if I had been there you would have had a good sale from me :p I have been loving all your new hearts and things. They will be just the thing for the new Soft Flex contest this year! I guess I will be paying a visit to you via Etsy (since I likely cannot wait until B&B!). Miss Schweder is very nice. I met her last year at B&B.
    Enjoy the day Melanie!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its kind of a bummer. I had high hopes for this one! It wasn't *terrible* but not great either.

    Wish you had been here too!

    ReplyDelete