March 27, 2010

Song Lore Saturday: Lovers in a Dangerous Time

"Don't the hours grow shorter as the days go by
You never get to stop and open your eyes
One day you're waiting for the sky to fall
And next you're dazzled by the beauty of it all"
"When you're lovers in a dangerous time
Sometimes you're made to feel as if your love's a crime
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight"


This week's Song Lore inspiration is a song that I don't know very well, but I was reminded of it recently.  I have been very interested in danger and warning signs lately, and have been adding some "danger" colors to my beads.  Red, Yellow, and Green in particular remind me of stop signs, traffic lights, construction warnings, and traffic signs.  I made a few hearts with these colors, mixed with a dirty pewter metallic glaze and bare clay, and I think they have a very urban sort of feeling.  As I made the hearts, I was thinking of a song to go with them... something about love and danger. I remembered a Bruce Cockburn song from the 80's: "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" and I looked it up.  I found the Bare Naked Ladies version of it, which I like a lot.  This seems like an appropriate song, as I type this after a full 8 hour day of driving through Detroit and Chicago to make our way to Madison Wisconsin, where I have a bead show this weekend. Enjoy this video and have a great weekend!






Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. wow - you must be beat from the week and travel... while the show isn't 'restful', at least you are in one place and will have people give you some positive feedback...
    i think this theme is really interesting... will listen to the song... but i like how you interpreted it....

    ReplyDelete