March 20, 2010

Song Lore Saturday: Babylon

Today's Song Lore inspiration is "Babylon" by David Gray.  I love this song, and have always liked the changing traffic lights imagery that goes throughout it.

 "Saturday I'm running wild
And all the lights are changing red to green
Moving through the crowd I'm pushing
Chemicals all rushing through my bloodstream"
And I have always wanted to use these Portal Steam Stone links to make a traffic light necklace.  Seems a little silly, but I just think it's a cool image. When I found the enamelled gears by C Koop in Red, Yellow, and Green, it all came together very easily.  I linked them all together with some dark gunmetal rings and chain and a central toggle clasp.  It is really a striking piece!
Here is a video for David Gray's "Babylon":
"If you want it
Come and get it
Crying out loud
The love that I was
Giving you was
Never in doubt
Let go your heart
Let go your head
And feel it now"


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. You are GOOD! The colors, contrast, shine, etc....perfection!

    ReplyDelete