March 30, 2010

Pictures from the Madison Bead Show


I had a dreadful time getting moving this morning.  After yesterday's day-long drive, and some stressful last minute Penguicon planning in the evening, I was out for the rest of the night.  I woke up feeling achy and tired and very crabby.  There was more grumpiness with emails and dealing with insurance bureaucracy, and I was about done in.  Alex helped me get up and moving and cheered me up.  I was all weepy and whiny and didn't want him to see me like that, but he consoled me and we headed out on errands.  We ended up browsing at a couple of thrift stores and found our way to an antique store, and by that time I was feeling myself again.  He has a wonderful way of cheering me up. :) We picked up my car at my parents house (I had taken their minivan to Madison) and spent a few minutes there before heading back home for dinner with Skennedy.  Then we checked out the new I3Detroit place in Ferndale... walkable distance from the homestead, which is exciting!  The new space is huge and has so much potential! We worked out some last minute details for Penguicon and chatted with several members and now I am home.  I didn't get a whole lot done today, work wise, but I guess I really needed to get my head together.  Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive and the restfulness of today will help me get through the rest of the week.  I have several orders to work on, bead show stuff to put away, and new pieces to photograph.
 Today's pictures are from the Madison show.  I got the "small" artist table, but it was really a large space.  I was able to make a little corner space and put out some extra stuff, and spread my display out a bit.  I think the display in general is looking pretty snazzy, and the new addition of the black leatherette necklace displays has been a good way to show off jewelry examples. I like the rich black and the white porcelain dishes, with the little bit of brown bamboo and paper details.  It's clean and as uncluttered as I can be, and I think it shows off my beads and charms well.


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. I am so bummed that I missed you Melanie! I am glad that things are looking UP!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work, I'm sorry I could not make it to the show in Madison, will you be at the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, Yes, I will be at Bead & Button! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete