March 4, 2010

New Crusty Rusty Experiments

 I finished up a few more pendants using my new crusty and rusty glazes.  Like I mentioned before, I wanted to try these glazes with some contrasting colors and textures.  These four pieces all have a shiny metallic oil slick glaze on the backs (which is really smooth and feels nice against the skin) with some of the same glaze accents on the front.  Then I used some of the dry glazes the fronts, along with some other glossy colors.  I like the little white wheel thing in the top pendant... it's a really nice contrast that I will try again.  In the bottom pendant, I love the glossy amber wheels and the blood red dot.  The rusty glaze turned out well too!  I paired each of the pendants with a matching link and listed them in my Etsy shop.  Click the pics to take you there!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

5 comments:

  1. The contrast between the matt/dry glaze and the gloss is fantastic. I think glazing the backs in something smooth is good. That's just me. I have this thing about how smooth a piece feels against your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! So much texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre so talented! I would like to buy some of your fruit beads Ive seen they are devine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I can't wait to try more experiments!

    Janet, thanks for the reminder. I added the fruit charms to my new website here:
    http://www.earthenwoodstudio.com/category/snack-charms

    ReplyDelete