March 15, 2010

ME on Beads Baubles and Jewels on You Tube!

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to my daily email from Beading Daily and find it was about Steampunk in beading!  Upon further scrolling, I found that I got a mention and a picture of the piece I designed for Beadwork for the article I wrote in 2008.  And then, upon closer inspection, I found a link to a the segment I filmed for Beads, Baubles, & Jewels! My friends at Interweave put it upon their You Tube station, so everyone can see it now!  I still cringe a little, seeing and listening to me speak on TV, but I think I did a pretty good job for my first time.
I made the pendant above from an Earthenwood Triple Gear stone and a Vintaj brass bead, which was flattened to make a pronged setting for the stone.  I spoke a little about Steampunk, did a quick demo, and showed more of my work.  Check me out:



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Great video Melanie!! I am so totally inspired to work with cabochons now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ChristineRitcheyThursday, March 18, 2010

    I think the video is great, Melanie! You sound and look great to me! I LOVE the Egyptian/Steampunk necklace!

    ReplyDelete