March 25, 2010

Leaving for Madison in the Morning

I haven't blogged much this week.  I knew it would be a crazy week from getting all the loose ends from the last show tied up and preparing for this weekend's show.  I'll be traveling to Madison Wisconsin tomorrow for the Art Glass and Bead Show with Diane Hawkey. Even though I said I wouldn't be making more beads for this weekend's show, I ended up doing it anyway, hehe.  I have some new owls (including a little round fat one!) and more birds and nests in the kiln right now.  I made more robins and a whole series of very springy, pastel canary charms!  Also, I made several new Heart Windows like the one above, since they all sold. 

While it was a busy week, I did get some relaxing time in.  I think I am getting better at making time to do this, which is a goal I have been working on for a long time.  I invited friends over for grilling yesterday, and we took a little trip to Royal Oak for popcorn and a walk around.  And I watched two movies with Alex (one while we both worked), I helped him with a casting this afternoon, and we went out for pizza and book shopping tonight, which was great after a day of hard work for both of us.  I am pretty much ready to leave in the morning, just need to get my clothing and a few extras together in the morning.  Tonight, I am planning an early bedtime and snuggling with my doggie...will be away from her and my comfy bed for a few nights.
 If you are in the Madison area, come and say hi at the show!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. I so wish that I were able to come to Madison to see you and the show! I will be in LaCrosse all weekend at a basketball tournament... have a great one Melanie! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be seeing you this weekend! I look forward to seeing all your goodies in person. Safe journey!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete