February 11, 2010

Treasures and Anniversaries

 I have been keeping busy, both working and resting so as to not get sick.  That stomach bug was fierce, ripping through four people in my life, and I am trying really hard not to get it.  So I have been napping frequently, eating healthy foods, washing my hands a lot, and staying toasty. Yesterday I did the Bead Soup blog and got through about half of the other Soupers, commenting on their blogs.  I hope to do the other half today or tonight.  I also spent most of yesterday making some really fun Ice Resin pendants.  They are setting up now, and I hope to get them photographed to show you soon!  I am very tempted to go back and work on more, but I really need to do a little of my boring work first.  Contracts and paperwork now, playtime later!  I have a lot of work to do before I leave on another long weekend trip this weekend with Alex.  I am really looking forward to it!
 Speaking of Alex, it was our one year anniversary yesterday!  I can't believe it has been a year already.  I have changed and grown so much in that year, it really makes me happy to think back about it.  And Alex has been there to help me the whole time. *smile* 
So I don't really have any new pictures to show you, but I realized I never showed this clockpunky ceramic treasure box that I made for Alex for Christmas.  I glazed it in metallic pewter (in the crevasses and details) and it fired a spotty brown stoneware color for the rest of it.  I wasn't terribly happy with the glaze, as it bubbled on the inside and chipped at the feet, but I was happy overall.  Never got a pic of it finished, but I love the way leather-hard clay looks, so I took these pics before firing it.



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be purchased at her Etsy shop and her jewelry and gifts can be purchased in her Etsy Galleria.
If you would like to leave a comment on this post, please go to the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Happy traveling! I hope your box is filled with many treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have seemed so happy this past year, in particular the past few months. I'm glad, you deserve happiness.

    ReplyDelete