February 8, 2010

Sparkling Lights of Chicago

 I have returned from our quick weekend trip to Chicago.  We had a great time, and I am left with wonderful memories of laughter, games, balloons, hot tubs, awesome food, city lights, and train tracks. It is sort of a big happy blur in my mind, one that warms my heart. Getting home last night was long and hard after such a great time, and today has been hard getting back to work.  I have shipping and some designing to do today, along with taking care of the doggie now that she is home, and taking care of Jeremy, who woke up sick.  Back to reality!
 Here are a few of the pictures I took in the city!  The top is the Water Works Tower, which was bustling with people on Saturday night, even though it was very cold and windy.  We had dinner nearby at the Cheesecake Factory, and walked back to our hotel and did some window shopping. I do love looking in the store windows, even though I am not much of a shopper. I'm not sure what the place in second picture was, but there was a restaurant up in one of the higher stories, and it looked like a Klimt mural surrounding a round room with beautiful organic lights dangling down.  It looked very pretty from the street.  We also passed by a Swarovski showroom, which had the beautiful window display of strung crystal beads in the picture below.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be purchased at her Etsy shop and her jewelry and gifts can be purchased in her Etsy Galleria.

If you would like to leave a comment on this post, please go to the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the 2nd picture--it reminds me of some very alien jellyfish. Very, very cool!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, that's what they looked like to me too! It was very Art Nouveau! I'd love to have dinner there, it looked really fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those Swarovski crystal beads look incredible!

    ReplyDelete