February 9, 2010

Illness and Ice


Well, it turns out that three members of our weekend Chicago trip have come down with a very unpleasant stomach illness.  I have been busy taking care of Jeremy and checking in on the others, and trying to keep healthy and get rest just in case the crud wants to rear its ugliness in me.  Hopefully, my full night of sleep and day of healthy food, vitamins, and restful working will keep it away. I woke up to snow falling fast, so I ran out to do my errands and returned home as fast as I could. I locked myself in my bead room for most of the day, with my space heater on so it's nice and toasty, and have been having a great time beading.  I made the two bracelets I needed to make, and plan to work on one more for good luck.  I also cleaned up a little bit and caught up on some internet stuff.  I was thinking of entering next week's Blog Hop about Ice Resin that they are doing over on Objects and Elements. Which would mean another day locked into this little warm and creativity encouraging room to work.  Sounds fine to me, especially since I have been wanting to work with more resin for weeks! Thoughts of Chicago are slowly fading into the memory banks, so here is another picture from the trip, of an icy tree and glimmering lights in the buildings above.



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be purchased at her Etsy shop and her jewelry and gifts can be purchased in her Etsy Galleria.

If you would like to leave a comment on this post, please go to the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I have been playing with resin too! It is fun to see what you can come up with :) Our styles are very different, but I love what you are doing! You can see mine in my new Etsy shop
    http://moreskyejewels.etsy.com
    I have been playing with some of the little goodies you gifted me and the wonderful ones I purchased from you too! Hope you look at my blog to see what I have been up to!

    Hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention, look for one of your pendants in the July issue of Bead Trends :) I made a gorgeous necklace with it and I can't wait for you to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie,
    Neat! I like what you are doing with the resin too! What kind do you use? I am having so much fun with it!

    *jumps for joy* Really? Cool, thanks! What kind of pendant did you use? I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your new resin pieces.

    ReplyDelete