February 16, 2010

Ice Resin Blog Hop: Sweetheart Brick Pendants

 
Here are a couple of pendants I made with vintage valentine cards.  These are a little different than the ones I made in brass bezels, as they are collages formed in handcrafted terra cotta brick bezels.  I made these bezel frames a few years ago, but I guess I was just waiting for the perfect material to use to fill them.  I tried a variety of glues and varnishes to protect the contents, but I have found Ice Resin to be the perfect material to use for them.  These have more of an earthy romantic feeling about them, I think.  They are more hefty and chunky, which is something I like in a focal piece.
  
These pendants remind me of this photo I took today of a snow covered sculpture against an old brick wall. I am still in Marquette, Michigan, and had a nice time exploring the town, despite the heavy snow today.

\
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

8 comments:

  1. These are so great Melanie! I love the brick texture. How about a house shaped bezel out of this brick like clay? That would be fun to do a resin project in! I just checked in at your Etsy site. I love the Steampunk Samplers! That is such a great idea...just add inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brick bezels, they remind me of old buildings too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool! Love the brick and the texture contrast of glaze/resin:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brick bezels are really wonderful. Love the texture with the resin.
    (I'm originally from Michigan, but happy to be where there is no snow!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like them too! Have fun in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, these are great!i really love the collages you created...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible !! Again one more good pendant from this blog. I love this pendant. In fact i become very good fan of your blog. You have very good collection of pendants. :-)

    ReplyDelete