February 22, 2010

Grumpy Sale

 Ok, I am not going to lie, I am rather grumpy today.  I woke up to huge piles of snow that I don't want to shovel, and its a shipping day.  Then the mail came and my cable and internet bill went up inexplicably by over $20, which makes me mad.  Add to that the looming pile of tax stuff I have to do, and the worry about how much I will owe this year, and it makes for a grumpy me.
 
 Also, I am upset by recent blog posts and emails from my fellow artist friends who have had their copyrights infringed upon and who have had their works blatantly copied.  This is an issue close at heart, because it has happened to me too, and it is upsetting.  It makes me angry and its hard not to get down about it, when we artists work so hard to eek out a humble living, barely able to afford luxuries like cable tv.
 
 Anyway, I probably shouldn't blog in this state, so I decided to do something more positive and I put some things on sale, like the Steampunk Samplers above, and brought back out some of the Studio Sale Bundles that I have listed in the past. You can find them in my Etsy shop under the section Grumpy Sale.  Thanks for stopping by, I hope to be back to my normal self soon!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

5 comments:

  1. I hate that people out there are so unscupulous and rude as to copy what you guys do...I have only been "deep" into the art bead scene over the past year or so, but I've seen enough in that time to know that there are enough of them out there to make your lives miserable...

    Is there so little creativity left in the world that people have to copy? Heck, playing with these media should OPEN UP the creativity and not make you want to copy other people's work...But, those are the people who want the easy way out.

    So, I understand where you're coming from and give you kudos for channeling it into something positive (yay! a sale!!)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. This is the second post I've read in ten minutes about this. Yikes. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your having a grumpy day. It angers me too about the outright blatant copying of others' work, and I hope it will be address properly and with success.

    I like that you are blowing off 'steam' by having a grumpy sale! Hoping today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get grumpy too when I over-extend myself.
    Melanie your work and designs are so distinct that if anyone else put their name on them we would all know they are a fraud.

    Yeah Sale. Feel Better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My suggestion is that you drop everything you're doing and come to my house immediately for a chocolate cure! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete