February 10, 2010

Bead Soup Party!

 Today is the big reveal for the Blog Soup Party! Thanks again to Lori Anderson from Pretty Things for organizing this fun event!
You may recall my Bead Soup ingredients were given to me by Tari from Pearl and Pebble. A beautiful mix of semi precious stones like rhodonite and rutilated quartz, glass, colored freshwater pearls, a ceramic heart pendant from Summers Studio and a natural brass toggle clasp.  I used almost everything in the mix, stopping when the necklace was the length I wanted, with just a few glass beads left over.  I added a little bit more brass, and some Earthenwood leaf charms and steam accent tube beads.
Here is a full picture of the necklace!  I love the way the colors work together, and the random patterns in the beading paired with the asymmetry and unusual clasp layout in the front.  I loved the clasp so much, I doubled up on the hammered rings and leaves for a repeating patterned element in the front.
 
I love how the pinks brighten up the dark browns and greens and work together to make a great color palette!  I usually stay away from pinks, but I am going to explore them more after this project.
 
Thanks again Lori for putting the Bead Soup Party together and to Tari for the great ingredients!  Click on over to Tari's blog to see the amazing necklace she made with the soup ingredients that I sent her!  It is quite lovely...she has a real eye for color and design, and made my pendant shine!

And check out the other Bead Soup Party participants here:

Lori, Pretty Things
Katie, My Life and My Beads
Zuleykha, Zuleykha's Polymer Clay
Rekella, Me But a Little More in Depth
Ricki, What's New at Ricki Voges Design
Lisa, Lucid Moon Studio
Jo, Daisychain Jewellery
Lynette, Rock Hill Designs
Lynne, Island Girl's Insights
Chas, One Woman's Haven
Ruthie, Rose Works Jewelry
Elizabeth, Turquoise Sky
Maire, Maire Dodd
Janet, Singing Woods
Eileen, Dorset Hill Beads
Julie, Miss Kitten's Jewels
Joann, Jo's Jewels
Patti, PJ Clark Designs
Mel, Kookie Designs
Erin, Every Heart Crafts
Dale, Flights of Fancy
Dee, Runako Designs
Kate, Organic Odysseys
Laurie, The Mermaid Tale
Michelle, My Crazy Crafty Adventure
Sue, Sue Beads
Janeen, Janeen 365
Nancy, The Rabbit Muse
Kristie, Artisan Clay
Regina, Regina's Writings
Lyn, Lyn Foley
56. Beth, Sunshine Daydreamz
Cathryn, Chile Cats
Emma, Fred Bean's Nook
Connie, Cetta Cheese Chatter
Juli, Jul's Beads
Julie, RockerJewlz
Libby, LibbyLeu and Glass Too
Loretta, Designs by Loretta
Linda, Bella Bead Jewelry
Kathie, The Bead Cult
Patty, Plays With Fire
Nicki, Nicki's Reef
Anne Marie, Heart's Desire
Mary, Mary Harding Jewelry
Jayne, Mama's Got to Doodle
Emanda, Artemesia's Studio
Whitney, Whitney Lassini
Marcie, La Bella Joya
Suzann, Beadphoria
Jen, Jen Judd Rocks
Julie, Credit River Art Glass
Janiece, J Birds Garden
Dot, Winchell Clayworks
Sharon, Sharon's Jewelry Garden
Lisa, Lo and Behold
Norma, Bead Dreams and Moonlit Fantaseas
Judith, Judith B.
Debbie, Prairie Emporium
Maria, Garden Path Beads
Susan, Kaplan Creations Jewelry and Glass Design
Melissa, Melissa Meman: Art, Love, Life
Marianna, Pretty Shiny Things
Lisa, Joolz by Lisa
Cristi, 2 If By Sea
Sandra, Marbella Jewelry Design
Maria, Greene Earth Originals
Barbara, Jewelry of Distinction
Leslie, Bei Mondi
Mallory, For the Love of Beads
Terri, Blooming Ideas...You Are Here
Cindy, Sweet Bead Studio
Lorelei, Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Kerry, Kabs Creative Concepts
Erin, Treasures Found
Jeannette, Jeannette Blix Wire and Metal Jewelry
Adrienne, Adrienne Designs
Nan, Spirit Rattles
Laurel, Rue's Daftique
Nancy, Beading From the Heart
Mary, MK's Creative Musings
Cassie, The Glass Beadle
Tari, Pearl and Pebble
Melanie, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be purchased at her Etsy shop and her jewelry and gifts can be purchased in her Etsy Galleria.


If you would like to leave a comment on this post, please go to the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog. Thanks for reading!

55 comments:

  1. I love how you did the clasp! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Your focals are always incredible. You have such an ingenous way of grouping things together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! The colors and shapes were just meant to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Melanie! I love what you've done here!!! The rings are so cool and I love the leaves especially the leaf with the heart. The whole design is fabulous!!!! Thanks for being a great soup partner! Your beads are WONDERFUL and I loved working with them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phenomenal - as always!I know these colors are not your usual, but you did a rocking job blending them! Very impressive!

    In Beads and Happiness,
    Suzann Sladcik Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with those party beads! Putting the heart on the toggle and adding more big links was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Droooooooooooooooooooool. Love Love Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the pink is perfect, & the triple rings are spot on. I love this piece, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i like the rings and leaves theme, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a pink fan at all but this...this I would want and I would wear! It's gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used the rings leading down to the focal and the beads you wired off of them! The whole look is great, and says to me, I love
    Spring!

    Enjoy the Party!
    Kate Organic Odysseys #46

    ReplyDelete
  13. This came out great! Your leaves work so well with the heart pendant and the rest of the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful! I love how you have the focal dangling from the clasp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love this! The focal area is so striking! It's fun to see you put your own spin on such a sweet combo of beads. I can't remember the last time I saw of design of yours with pink!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Necklace Melanie! I love the combination of your natural elements with your steam tubes in greens

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you did a beautiful job with that necklace--the colors are just droolworthy and your composition is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely ADORE it!! That is something I would actually wear! Love the mix of pink and green, one of my faves! Let me know if you have anymore of those leaves, I would take about half a dozen if you have them.

    Thanks
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's gorgeous! I love how you added the leaf onto the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Color! Texture! Shape! It's all perfect! Your leaves along with the heart make for a perfect centerpiece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love It! Just love it!


    You are welcome to stop by for a cup of “Spring” soup on my blog.
    http://www.mariagrimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful...everything about it delights the senses! Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a magnificent piece! You created the very best your partner's beads could be. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Goodness Miss Melanie! I think that I love this one most of all! I love the way that you repeated the leaves from the heart with the hammered rings, but assymmetrically. Brilliant! Great color palette too! Tari really picked it well! Thanks for sharing this heaping serving of great soup! Be sure to stop by and taste some of mine. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  25. That has to be one of my favorite color combinations from ever since. Love what you did with the three circles in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great necklace. I really love the focal/closure and your repetions of the circles. Who would have thought of that but you?

    Hasn't this been fun?!?

    Emanda
    www.ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an absolutely gorgeous necklace Melanie. Those colors are to die for. And your design, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, so pretty! I adore the design and beads!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the colors you choose. The focal is so cool. Great job Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  30. love this so much! the colors, textures, shapes - all so interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Melanie this is such an earthy lovely pc you created! I really love it and the leaf in front of the heart is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really lovely composition. And I love the green leaf hanging over the heart. Sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sweet, Melanie. I love what you created from Tari's soup mix. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  34. There is some kind of glorious harmony going on in this beautiful piece - love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So special. Love the colors, calm and soothing! I "heart" your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The greens and pink are fabulous. And, no, pink is not my stand alone/accent colour. I love the layer of the olive green leaf over the rose heart and the repeat of the leaves up the side of the piece. Lovely, I would wear this.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am not a pink person but I would happily go buy a pink related outfit to wear this beautiful piece with.

    ReplyDelete
  38. oooo Melanie this is stunning I love the way that you have used the clasp

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great design, Melanie! Love the effect of the rings in the front and the leaves and dangles. Cool element!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great design. Love what you did in the front. Really! I like how the heart becomes more like a "suggestion of heart" once the leave drapes in front. Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am commenting ion this AGAIN! Its so earthy and its been one of my faves in this Soup party! Really so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just love what you did here! Pink and green are one of my favorite color combos and I think the addition of your leaves really tied all the colors together perfectly! And I love the chunky hammered rings.. love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  43. That is a beautiful necklace. You did a great job. Love the additional hammered rings.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh that is so yummy! I love the colours and the hammered rings go perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love those rings and the three together are fantastic! Great design and fun colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That ceramic heart looks so much like watermelon tourmaline... Love the piece love the colours! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Melanie,
    you did a fabulous job bringing everything together. You had an awesome color pallet to start with and you made it sing! I love the assymetrical design, I love the use of the rings and the leaves...love it all! Great job. Also love your pendants..I'll definitely be back to keep up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The colors, the beads, the shapes, they are all so beautiful. You have done a wonderful job in creating this amazing necklace. My compliments to the chef!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I really like the addition of the extra rings with the leaves. Really neat color combination! Cool necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Now that's a color combination I love. Purple and green - really stunning. And still so earthy. You necklace is beautiful. And I never realized you are living in Detroit. I have been reading your blog for some time, and used to travel there 2x per mth for the last 3 years. Maybe we'll meet one day. Would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  51. wonderful design, luv how you combined all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Your necklace is beautiful, I love how the semi precious beads are complimented by the ceramics you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow...what a stunning necklace...with your signature touch. I love the assymetrical design, the colors, and the beautiful focal!

    ReplyDelete
  54. This came out fabulous! I bet your proud of what you created? It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I linked here from Cyndi Lavin's blog, her post intriqued me. This necklace is absolutely stunning & very original. Now I will have to check out the other gems made from the Bead Soup Party, can't wait! Love the concept of a bead soup blog party.

    ReplyDelete