February 4, 2010

Art Beads Artistry: Sweetheart Necklace

 Quite a while ago, I was given a gift certificate to use at Art Beads.  I used it to buy a variety of pewter charms, shown above. Oh, and a skull button, which I thought would be a good clasp.  Anyway, I stole the two hearts from the set to make a Valentine's necklace to go with the bracelet that I blogged about yesterday.
 
 I used the pewter hearts, two sizes of pewter beaded rings, a large red porcelain heart and three accent beads, and gunmetal chain and a big spring ring clasp in the front.  I like the asymmetry of it and the way the hearts swing back and forth in front of the big heart. I have listed the sets of ceramic beads in my Etsy shop.  I guess I am just missing a pair of earrings... then my matching Valentine's jewelry will be complete!
  
The pewter charms used in the previous post, specifically referenced as from Art Beads were provided as promotional gifts by for review or design partnership purposes.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be purchased at her Etsy shop and her jewelry and gifts can be purchased in her Etsy Galleria.

If you would like to leave a comment on this post, please go to the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That is flippping awesome. Did you win this from my site? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, must have been some other lucky person! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete