January 18, 2010

Travel Talisman

I have a little time to kill at the hotel tonight (writing this on Saturday night from Florida) and I have some extra pictures to share, so I figured I would auto-post some pics and posts for the week that I am gone. I know, workaholic, right? But I love it and it makes me happy, so how can you argue with me?

These pictures show all five of the Travel Talismans I made with the new bezel frames that I made. Each has a tiny compass and a bit of vintage Michigan map. One of them is a gift for Heather... shh don't tell her yet! And I am keeping at least two of them. hmm, maybe three! I am very attached to them right now but I will probably let go once I make new ones. That's the problem with me straying from production work, I guess... I have a hard time letting go of one-of-a-kinds! How do you do it, those of you who do individual little pieces of rt?

LOL, I am debating with Jeremy whether the plural of Talisman is Talismans or Talismen. It just feels so weird to have a word that has -mans at the end!

4 comments:

  1. I end up keeping way too much. I just love all of your stuff so I could see how hard it would be to let them go. But, it is nice that you do share. ;)

    Taliswoman - start a trend

    (chuckle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun! Does the Ice Resin stay stuck to the glaze ok? I've not worked with it on glazed clay. Fun! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome. Love them! Your talent, creativity and your passion for doing what you love always comes shining through. Your blog is my favorite inspiration for keeping up on my blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine RitcheyTuesday, January 19, 2010

    Love your new work! I think they should be turned into a sort of ooak production line so I can get my grubby little hands on some! :)

    Being the little word geek that I am, 'talismans' is correct; although I think Donna's suggestion of 'taliswoman' is a great idea!

    I'm looking forward to more pics so that I don't go into "Melanie Withdrawal" while you're crusin'. Hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete