January 9, 2010

"Rio" Vacation Bracelets

As promised, I have finished a bracelet using the Duran Duran song "Rio" as inspiration. In the bracelet above, I used some of my watery glazed accent beads mixed with the colorful Cubic Zirconia beads from Art Beads and some pewter accents. I finished it all off with a shell design clasp by Green Girl Studios. I am very happy with it! It gives me the feeling of the beach and the tropics, and reminds me of the Rio video. I will be taking this one on the cruise for the bracelet swap.

I had some Cubic Zirconia beads left over, so I made another bracelet! I used all the rest of the CZ beads, a cool sterling clasp, pewter spacers, and one of my small dragonfly links. I even used the tiny little pink teardrops, which I didn't think I would be able to use, at first. But unlike some semi precious stone top-drilled teardrop beads, these CZ beads have really clean and even holes, so I was able to easily add them to tiny sterling jumprings to make charms. I am very impressed with these CZ beads, and I am glad I had the opportunity to play with them! Thanks, Art Beads!

The Cubic Zirconia beads used in the previous post, specifically referenced as from Art Beads, were provided as promotional gifts by for review or design partnership purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment