January 28, 2010

Bead Soup from Pearl & Pebble


 While I was away, I received a beautiful package of beads from Tari at Pearl & Pebble for the Bead Soup Party challenge. It features a gorgeous ceramic heart from Summers Studio and a variety of coordinating stone and glass beads.  The clasp is a brass toggle that is already set with dusty pink seed beads.  I really love the colors that Tari chose for me.  I don't venture into the pink tones too often, but the way she blended them with the brown, amber, and mustard tones makes it really appealing to me!  I will likely make some accent beads to use with it, so that will take a few days, but I am really excited to work on a necklace design and participate in the unveiling on February 10th!



The colors remind me a little of the sunset we saw on one of our last nights of the Cruise.  Pretty, isn't it?  If you want to see more of my landscape and island pictures from the Cruise, check out my album on Faceboook!


And somehow I got caught up trying to figure out technorati today (because of Melissa's post from Strands of Beads, actually) and I found that I was not listed.  So I signed up and claimed my blog.  I don't know what that will do, if anything, but whatever.  Here is the claim code they need: Y25U2BJCKHA6

 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be purchased at her Etsy shop and her jewelry and gifts can be purchased in her Etsy Galleria.

If you would like to leave a comment on this post, please go to the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I just bought one of those hearts from Summers Studio, but mine is blue and brown. Can't wait to see what you do with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous combo! Fabu! I can't wait to see what you will do. All of your creations are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete