December 2, 2009

Preview of Steampunk Style Jewelry

I am interrupting my crazy-flail-getting ready for the Potters Market madness to blog about this cool preview of a cool new book coming out soon. It's Jean Campbell's Steampunk Style Jewerly! This is going to be an amazing book! It is available for preorder now (I recommend going to Ornamentea to order it... you get a free steampunk starter kit with your order!) I was scrolling through my Facebook and saw Jean post about this preview, which was blogged over on Craftside. It just happens to be a pair of earrings I designed for the book, using clock hands and a pair of my porcelain gear links. ooh this is exciting!


heh. I am also amused that in the midst of my flailing/working tonight, I will be tearing my studio apart to look for a bag of the very clock hands that I used in the earrings above, in order to complete my new clockwork/steampunky ornaments. Whee! I know there are here somewhere!!! Back to work...

8 comments:

  1. I saw this on the Shiny Little Things blog. I am definitely pre ordering this book! I love love love those earrings! Enjoy the day and have fun at your show! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Congrats and this book looks like it will be great to have in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't your earrings look great, Melanie? I'm so excited about this book, and your beads are all over it! Thanks for blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like an awesome book. I think I will have to add it to my collection
    “sent here on a marvelous surf via http://valerieaharoni.com”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! What an honor it must be to be part of such a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love these earrings. I just ordered Jean's book after seeing it on another blog. Should be in my hands in 2 days...I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous! I'm ordering one now!
    I've been selling watch material and antique keys and bits for years and it's so exciting to see them reborn in such remarkable jewelry. Congrats on the feature in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting! Steampunk is a really fun genre, isn't it? I love your shop!

    ReplyDelete