November 19, 2009

Product Playtime: The Ebony Door


I recently received a package of goodies from Rings and Things as a part of their blogger program, and included in the package was this crazy cool wooden chain! It is big and chunky, and appears to be cut from one piece of high quality wood, as I don't see any seams (if there are, they are immaculately put together). I have never seen anything quite like it available for beaders. The chain I received is a long and short chain link style made of Ebony and I couldn't wait to play with it! I figured some big chunky pendants would work well with it, and the color and shaped matched my new oval key and keyhole pendants perfectly!

I linked the pendants to the chain with some brass and gunmetal heavy jump rings and hammered brass circles, and then was trying to decide what to do for a clasp for this chunky necklace. I wanted something big and industrial looking, and remembered the Idea-ology Swivel Clasp that was also included with the R&T package. I clipped the chain off of it, and used it as the clasp. Perfect! It is listed for sale in my Etsy Galleria.

This necklace is chunky and funky and really different! Before I got the chain sample, I had seen it in the catalog and had to try it, so I also have a piece of the Bayong, more rust colored chain below. Maybe I will work on a bracelet for that chain. It is really fun to play with such innovative new supplies!



The wooden chain and clasp used in the previous post, specifically referenced as from Rings and Things, were provided as promotional gifts by for review or design partnership purposes.

5 comments:

  1. Your chain is really cool! I have to get a good picture of mine and do something with it! I love what you did. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wooden chain looks like so much fun. I have some Jade chain/fobs that I've been trying to figure out what I could possibly do with... Maybe I'll get them out and play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have a wonderful mix here. The chain is a nice change away from metal.

    ReplyDelete