November 22, 2009

Ornaments and Extra Links


I am in full gear for holiday production right now, so I haven't been blogging much. This weekend became Ornament Weekend! It is very late in the year for this, seeing as the Potter's Market is the first weekend in December, and I need to get these ornaments dried, fired, glazed, fired, and finished with ribbons and embellishments before then. Oh, I also need to make a new display! eep. Anyway, I started and am on a roll, and am going to make as many as I can tonight and part of tomorrow, and then move on to finishing orders and jewerly.

I have a couple of new ornament styles this year. One is a star design that goes along with the Now Showing line. Another is a clockwork/steampunky/geared design that is similar to the Toolbox Treasures. I think they are both fun! I also brought back some of the Candy Ornaments and the Queen of the Ornaments! They will be slightly different than before (a bit more simplifed in the finishing... just a ribbon... because the finishing is the part that will kick my butt in a couple of weeks when I am scrambling to get finished) The stamps are the same. I never even really got to show the Queen ornaments in the last couple of years, because I had a misfired kiln full of them once, and I think that turned me off of remaking them.

Want to see what my day looks like? Here are two tutorials I wrote about the ornaments: the Candy tutorial and the Queen tutorial.

So yeah, sorta last minute for ornament making, but I think the holiday bug has bitten me! I am more excited for the season than I can remember being in many, many years! I am going to set up my own tree for the first time, and decorate the house a little. I want to have a home full of twinklies and candy canes and holiday cheer this year! It makes me all warm and squishy thinking about it.

Time to get back to work, but I leave you with this week's Extra Links:

A Bead A Day
Do pearls go with everything? Lisa pairs glass pearls with chain and interesting findings. What do you think?

About.com Jewelry Making
What do you do with a weird piece of chain made from wood? How about making a fabulous necklace out of it.

Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene gives you the scoop on findings worth finding - check it out!

Barbe Saint John
I've been a bad blogger!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi makes a brooch with a cameo and other odds and ends.

Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva
Cindy has a new shop on Etsy - the bleeding heart. Check it out!

Jean Campbell
Jean kicks off a new era of self-indulgence with a funky Steampunk necklace.

Jewelry & Beading
Gather up some little beaded flowers and turn them into a very special necklace!

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Lorelei's annual craft fair adventure is over and she share's some photos of the Aftermath.

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Artbeads teamed up with Nintendo DS to create a fantastic virtual learning game for jewelry lovers! Style Lab! Jean shows it off in a youtube clip! FUN for the HOLIDAYS! :)

Strands of Beads
Melissa discusses the virtue of buttons in jewelry-making

1 comment: