November 3, 2009

Fairies and a Double Challenge

I am honored to have been given the opportunity to choose the source of inspiration for November's challenge over on the Art Bead Scene. It is the painting shown above, The Fairy Feller's Master Stroke by Richard Dadd, which is one of my favorite pieces of art. I hope it will inspire others the way it has inspired me. It is full of very detailed imagery, with many fairies and flora and fauna. I will be giving away the prizes below to the winner of the challenge, and will be popping in as a guest blogger during the month!

I thought it would be fun to offer a secondary challenge to those of you who enter the Art Bead Scene challenge! I will offer a separate prize of some of my newest works to one person who submits a piece to Art Bead Scene using an Earthenwood Studio bead or component. To be considered for this prize, you must first add your photo to the Art Bead Scene Flickr group, following their rules. Then add your photo to the Earthenwood Gallery Flickr group. At the end of the month, I will randomly choose one piece as the winner! Time to finally get those fairy beads out of your treasured bead stashes and make something with them! Come back tomorrow for a picture of the prize. And also check out the brand new Dragonfly Rising, Lotus Butterfly, and Spiralling Mayfly pendants that I have recently listed in the Earthenwood Etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. i was an art history major and so came to be able to appreciate anything i was looking at... what i love about this piece is that there is so very much to it, you have to sit down with it and give it the time to find all of its secrets! i love this choice and was planning on doing a bit more research on it this week... and the new work is beautuful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may just have to make time to enter this one, I love that picture, it is Very inspiring. I might just be able to pull something off!!
    Have a great week
    Marie

    ReplyDelete