November 1, 2009

Extra Links, New Listings, and Day of the Dead


I hope you had a happy Halloween! I had a great time! Today is part of the celebration of the Day of the Dead! I figured in the spirit of the weekend celebrations, I would show the tiny sugar skull charm pair that I made for a special order. There is one pair left, in the Etsy shop, if you want them. I think they would make an adorable pair of earrings.

I also listed some of the new Dragonflies and Scarabs if you have been waiting for those. I have more to photograph, plus some new butterflies that I am in love with! My kiln with the first batch of butterflies overfired, so the glazes look really different, but they are still really neat and I will photograph them and list them this week.

Whew! It's November now! This is probably going to be my busiest month of the year, but I am ready to take it on! Let's start with this week's Extra Links:

A Bead A Day
Looking for a great way to commemorate a special moment or gift? Design a piece of jewelry!

About.com Jewelry Making
It's like Wal-Mart, only you want to be there in this virutal tour of Shipwreck Beads.

Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene is having a book fair. Read up on your favorites!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi has finally discovered how great polymer clay is.

Cindy Gimbrone aka the Lampwork Diva
Not thinking about your holiday gift list yet? Cindy helps get you started with a Knot Ready for Prime Time Lucky Knots and Friends Projects so you can get started now!

Jean Campbell
Jean celebrates her favorite holiday by showing off her costume and some very cool baubles

Jewelry & Beading
Krystal Backer, beading artist, shares her creative inspirations with Cyndi.

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Have you been following Lorelei's Necklace Round Robin? Come take a look at the finished pieces!

Snap Out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean reviews a delightful book by the editor of BeadStyle: Cathy Jakicic

Strands of Beads
Melissa shows off her favorite necklace created for Cynthia Thornton's Enchanted Adornments and winner in the metal clay category of the British Bead Awards

4 comments:

  1. What darling little skull beads! These two could be worn any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still love the skully beads...Maybe they will be mine if they are still there when the butterflies get listed? I already snagged one of the dragonflies...They definitely look like it was worth the wait (cranky kiln and all...)

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dragonflies & scarabs turned out lovely! They are amazing. The sugar skulls are cute too!

    ReplyDelete