October 25, 2009

Welcome to the Open Studio!


Welcome to the Beads of Clay Open Studio tour! If we haven't met before, I am Melanie and my business is Earthenwood Studio. I am a full time ceramic bead artist, and I sell my work online on my website and in my etsy shop as well as a few bead shows and galleries. I work primarily in mid-fired porcelain, and I use handcrafted molds, stamps, and hand forming techniques to make my beads. I am inspired by nature, fantasy and folklore, pop culture, among other eclectic things. I am one of the founders of Beads-of-clay and I am excited to be participating in today's event.

Today I am having a special in my Etsy shop for the Open Studio! I have over 50 items listed at 50% off of the original price! I have been working on clearing out the studio to make way for brand new work, some of which I am introducing today, so I hope you will take advantage of the sale and savings. One of the new items is the carved heart pendant shown above!

(Thank you, all the hearts have been given away!)

I am going to share the love a little by posting all the participating artists in the Open Studio below. Click around, see what is going on, and come back at 1:45 for the announcement of my first free comment giveaway!

MarshaNealStudio marshanealstudio.blogspot.com
MaryHardingJewlery maryhardingjewelrybeadblog.blogspot.com/
Chinook Jewelry chinookdesigns.blogspot.com
Diane Hawkey dianehawkey.blogspot.com
Marsha Hedrick porcelainart.blogspot.com
Joan Tucker offcenterproductions.blogspot.com
Indian Creek Studios pampots.blogspot.com
Lisa Peters lisa-petersart.blogspot.com
Kristie Roeder artisanclay.blogspot.com
Tracy Isley tracyisley.blogspot.com
Melanie Earthenwood Studio earthenwood-beads.blogspot.com
Winchell Clay Works winchell-clayworks.com
Summers Studio summersstudio.blogspot.com
Jessica Sharrah jessicasharrah.blogspot.com
Creative Impressions in Clay claybuttons.blogspot.com
EveryHeartCrafts everyheartcrafts.blogspot.com
Donna Kornegay blingbeadsandjewelry.blogspot.com
Sharleen Newland shaterraclaystudio.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Melanie. This is fantastic idea, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a really fun idea! I am off to check out the other open studios too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie,

    I LOVE the dragonfly pendant you listed in Etsy - are you going to be listing others in other glaze colors? I love the look, but the colors just aren't me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, yes I will be listing more of the new dragonflies... very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Oh - and everyone who's seen the necklace I made with your Spookyhead beads LOVES them :o) I liked how all of the pieces came together - it's nice to have such great beads to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Melanie! It's so nice to be part of this exciting event and I'm honored to be a member of the beads-of-clay group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, I am happy to hear that everyone loves the spookyheads and the piece you made with them!

    Erin, It is great to have you as a member!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melanie, I love your beads and the steampunky jewelry you create!

    ReplyDelete