October 27, 2009

Sneak Peek! Now Showing Studio


Ok, I think I am done with being all super secret about the new project I have been working on! Alex and I started a little side business based on some cool items we found at a video store that was going out of business. We are recycling DVD backer cards into really neat jewelry! We have called the business Now Showing Studio, and have set up a new Etsy shop and a blog and have been working hard to get some pieces designed and listed in the shop. There will be many more to come, and I will blog about it occassionally here on the Earthenwood blog, but please go and bookmark the new sites, because the news will go up there first! Help spread the word if you like what you see...

Thanks also to Skennedy, who made the graphics for Now Showing!


11 comments:

  1. Very cool! And what a neat use for something that would otherwise end up in the trash! Now you need to get your hands on some Twilight backer cards - I know that there are a LOT of people who are NUTSO about the movies and who would probably love the jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, we found ONE Twilight card, and it got added to Alex's personal collection, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one! Whooo Hooo! Can't wait to use it with the new skull beads I just got! Wicked!

    In Beads and Happiness,
    Suzann Sladcik Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzann,
    YAY! Thanks for breaking the shop in! Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny...Tell Alex that doesn't help the business plan any :o) Especially since there are throngs of women willing to beat him down for it (haha)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! And how great that you lucked onto these video backers! I just love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new venture, it's a great idea-very clever! I'm sure it will do well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, this is so cool, Melanie! And I love how you're displaying the earrings on those "Admit One" cards. You're so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the name, love the jewelry and I bookmarked. Earrings cards are genius.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jean and Jeannie,
    Thanks! The earring cards are hand stamped with the "admit one" rubber stamp onto cut up soda can boxes, so they are recycled too!

    ReplyDelete