October 28, 2009

Skeleton Crew

Well today was a busy day of working. Whew! Running Earthenwood and starting up Now Showing Studio is quite exhilarating! I think that starting something new is just the thing I needed to give me some new energy for my regular work. One thing that has been a huge help and change for me is having people do some of the tasks for me. Having a shipping assistant come and pack up my orders saves me so much time (plus we have a blast working together). And having a packaging and assembly helper is awesome! All the little things that you don't really think about that need to get done in a business... well, I have her help with those, and we work, and watch movies, and *poof* they are done! These are things that I was doing all myself, when i could have been spending time on the creative parts of the business, or the things that I can't really have someone else do. I hope, in the end, that hiring this help makes it worthwhile for all of us. I am enjoying the experiment, and I do think it will be good for business.

Above, is one of the new Now Showing necklaces. This one was cut from a Creepshow dvd backer card. Spooky, huh? I have been working with various horror movie cards, but I think I am going to move on to the anime cards soon, because I think the horror themes might be a little limited to Halloween, and the Anime ones are super fun to do. I just listed a bunch of pieces cut from a Dragonball Z card!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Will you be selling just as a pendant alone for those of us who make jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on hiring a new shipping assistant! I hope this helps things go smoothly. Love the creepy card pendant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice,
    We are concentrating on these as finished jewelry right now. Perhaps in the future we will make some pendants for beaders. You are free to take them off of the chains and bead with them, though!

    Hint,
    Thanks! It has been great so far! I know i have been at a point where I can't really expand without help from others, so I hope this is a move in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete