October 18, 2009

Open House and Extra Links

I am taking a break from a great autumn weekend to tell you about an event I am planning for next week. I am participating in the Beads of Clay Open Studio Event. It will be a day of several ceramic bead artists blogging live, sharing their studio spaces and stories, and having special deals. I am not sure exactly what I will be doing, but I am brewing up some fun things. I know I will be showing my new work for the first time, and will have a couple of giveaways and specials. So stop by the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog next Sunday, October 25th, from 1-4pm. This is the first time I have done something like this, and I am really looking forward to it.

I also have this week's Extra Links to share with you:

A Bead A Day
Do you have a distinctive style or do you go where the wind blows you? Lisa would love to hear about your design process.

About.com Jewelry Making
Fall is in the air, at least in some areas of the world, so it is time to think about making fall jewelry.

Art Bead Scene
ABS shares a motherlode of giveaways for October.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Barbe gets a mini artpiece from Artbeads.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Barbe gets a mini artpiece from Artbeads.

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
There's a new addition to the Heartz n Skullz Family. Come check out the new Skully Bowz!

Jean Campbell
Jean reviews Wendy Ellsworth's wonderful new book, Beading--The Creative Spirit.

Jewelry & Beading
Cyndi shares the instructions for a special necklace that she made for a friend, called "The Fourth Day of Creation"

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Lampwork glass beads always end up in Lorelei's work, and she passes on links to one of her favorites!

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean is wowed by the plethora of activities a beader can find this weekend, both online at Earthenwood Studio and also at the supergreat classic, Soft Flex Glass Art and Bead Festivals!

Strands of Beads
Melissa shares her new work, "Natural Selection", that placed Second in the Necklace category of the Bead Arts Award 2009

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
See what Andrew whipped up when he sat down in the studio after a dry spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment