October 14, 2009

Love Bliss


This is a new necklace design I put together using one of my Message Stick links and a Muse Stone tablet. I had two short pieces of gunmetal chain scraps lying around from my last beading session, so I came up with this design. I really like the little piece of smaller chain on the side of the Message Stick! I also like the asymmetry of the design, the side clasp, the little bit of sparkle from the crystals, and the contrast of the dark gunmetal against the pale pink porcelain. It's surprising sometimes how just messing around with beads and scraps can lead me to coming up with unexpected designs that I end up really loving.

I wanted to use this combination of porcelain components because I have several listed for sale in the Etsy shop, and I wanted to show one example of something to make with them. I will remind you that I am having my big BOGO sale in the Etsy shop, from now until Sunday. It has been going very well so far, and I am adding more stuff tonight.

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful piece. I am always a sucker for words, phrases, etc. That is a lovely design...and I love that you pulled it together with "scaps"...there is nothing leftover about this! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I just heard about your sale and went to your store to see you are almost sold out! I love the little charm collections you put together and hope to own some myself one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out the sale! I am still adding more stuff, so check back all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this piece. Came by your blog through Lisa at a Bead a Day. So now I'm off to look at all your other pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty piece here! I also really love the assymetrical nature of the necklace... the little crystals on the side are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete