October 25, 2009

Falling Leaves and New Things

Autumn is my favorite time of year! While I love the fall holidays of Halloween and Thanksgiving, and my November 8th birthday, there is more to my love of autumn that just these things. While the leaves are changing and the weather is getting cooler, I know things are dying. But I always feel like autumn is the time of new life. This year I am lucky to have a Fall filled with new ideas, new love, new friends, and new work. I am very happy and grateful for this!

I have already shown the first of my new clay pieces today with the Heartflame pendant! I also have two new heart carvings in progress in this series, and hope to have more to come. Above is a picture of the two new carvings, along with the porcelain mold I made for Heartflame. The next step will be to make porcelain molds of these new Heartlock and Heartkey pendants. It is a technique similar to the one I blogged about before.

I am really enjoying these new hearts... I love the very romantic nature of them, like something from a storybook or fairytale. It fits my life very well right now, and is a good change of imagery for me. Falling in love in Fall is dreamy, isn't it?

6 comments:

  1. I love these hearts too! Especially the one I have. Thanks for sharing your day with all of us. I've had a good time taking everything in. And I don;t have to watch football. Now Rubee is demanding I get up and walk her. Have a great day. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie - thank you for the link to the earlier pos twith the tutorial. That was just what I needed. Makes me wish there were some of those Air and water goddess pendants in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! And I hear you about the doggie. Zoey is laying ON my foot right now. She wants a walk too, and I think we are going to go do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melanie,
    Thanks so much for your generosity and time you put into all this today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new hearts! The green one I got with my Bogo stuff is wonderful!

    Thanks for all of the giveaways and insight and time you spent on all of us in blog-land today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with your flaming hearts, that I had to purchase some for myself! ;)

    The Lock & Key hearts are gorgeous! Love your work!

    Jewels

    ReplyDelete