October 2, 2009

ArtBeads Artistry: Crystal Week: Woodland Mermaid Necklace

Align Center Finally, I am at the end of my Crystal Week with one final necklace to show. I used a Sprig Coral Pendant from Art Beads as the seed of inspiration. It is a lovely transparent tan color called Crystal Golden Shadow. Of course, I love brown, so it was pretty easy for me to start working with. I like the twig-like shape of it, so I paired it with some great laser cut wooden discs from Rings and Things with branch designs cut into them. But I wanted to make sure to use more pastel spring colors with the browns. I chose to use one of my mermaid beads and a seafoam bubble bead, both with seafoam coloration, and I used pale aqua crystal beads in transparent and opaque to accent them. Then I contrasted with a bit of lime crystal, for a little something different. The asymmetrical design seemed to come naturally as I designed it. Perhaps breaking from symmetry comes easier with practice!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing the pieces I made for Crystal Week as much as I enjoyed making them! Next week I hope to show you some new goodies I received for a new blog challenge, along with some pictures and thoughts about the new carvings I have been doing.

3 comments:

  1. Did I tell you yesterday that each one was better than the last? Well, this one is no exception! I love them all, but I think that the assymmetry and the woodsy yet springy feel is so wonderful here. I like that you used the coral crystal as a branch. I like it better as that motif! Well done, Melanie!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is FABulous!! I just love the balance, colors and creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal was very much enjoyed by me. Thanks for sharing your talent. The necklace has great color and design. Love it.

    ReplyDelete