September 8, 2009

Pairing Up

I have gotten some work done in the past couple of days, along with having some fun. I spent some time over Labor Day weekend taking some pictures of bead accent pairs and sets for the Etsy shop, and got them listed there. So if you are looking for small accent beads to go with my charms, you can find them there, as they are no longer available on my website. They are the perfect size for bracelets and earrings!

I am sort of cleaning things up a bit before moving onto new stuff. I think part of that was procrastinating, not knowing exactly what I wanted to do. Part of it is just dealing with the messes though, too. Today, I am working on cleaning out my computer desk, because my PC sorta exploded (and I lost a whole lot of information...poo). I think I am going to move my beading area back into that room, maybe put up some storage shelves, so I can work in there again. I don't like when my craft stuff takes over my living space, and it has taken up permanent residence in the dining room, so I hope to change that.

I started sketching my new ideas, and have been trying to figure out how I want to make them, technique wise. There are ways that I could do it that are easier and faster, but I do not enjoy them, and lose interest quickly. The techniques I prefer, carving porcelain in particular, take much more time, but I will stick to those designs more because they have more of my heart and hand in them. But the problem is in the molding, which I haven't found a good solution for myself. But now that I have an amazing mold making expert (my brother) living with me, I think I am going to try something new... something he is confident will work for me. So onward with the carving! I hope once I start that I will get really addicted to it and will continue making new pieces in a frenzied manner. It's just a matter of making that first tool mark.

3 comments:

  1. Are you going to make hollow-form slip-cast pieces? That'd be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about trying some slipcasting, but not hollow forms yet. It might lead to that, though... who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what is next for you, Melanie! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete