September 7, 2009

Laboring Heart and Extra Links

Last week, I drove out to Pewabic to drop off some tiles and jewelry for the gift gallery. It has been WAY too long since I gave them any new work. I still need to make some earrings and bracelets and carded charms for them. Its getting to be holiday stocking time, and I really want to be able to have some finished items and gifts for the few galleries I work with. I would also love to be able to participate in a holiday show, and maybe have my own open house, all with lots of finished jewelry for sale! I am looking forward to having some help with the assembly part of the jewelry line. At this point, its the only way I can really do it. I ended up putting some of my brass filigree pendants on some simple chains for Pewabic. I think they look really nice, as simplicity is sometimes best to showcase intricate works.

I had a breakthrough last night in my creative block that I have been struggling with. I even got out the sketchbook to put down some ideas. I am really excited about the new line that is starting to come to life. And it comes to me in a way that is perfect... following along with my personal goals and thoughts and processes. I sometimes forget how healing the process of art can be. I think these new designs will remind me of this time, when my heart is being challenged and is healing and growing.

More thoughts on that later. For now, this week's Extra Links. Happy Labor Day!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton

Andrew and Diana Ptaszynski of Vintage Blue Studio have a throw down! See how Andrew uses Heather Powers of Humble Beads' Polymer Bird-Head Pendant!

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean reviews Contemporary Copper Jewelry by the wonderful Sharilyn Miller

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
While in Philadelphia for Bead Fest, Lorelei met up with Andrew Thornton and he gave her some presents!

Jewelry & Beading
Cyndi shares another CopprClay project, which includes making your own mold!

Jean Campbell
Jean's got a cool job--check out what she's been working on!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
Cindy brings some color to her new bronze floral medallions.

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi shows off her unexpected bead finds from a store in Little Portugal.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Tool talk-this time its hole punching pliers & wire cutters

Art Bead Scene
Wondering how big 20mm really is? Here's a handy size chart to keep by your computer. It'll help you out!

About.com Jewelry Making
What's in a name, the name of your jewelry pieces that is? Here are a few tips to consider when naming jewelry you sell through the web.

A Bead A Day
Do you have some favorite beads that bring you joy? Lisa is using "inspirational sliders" to make gifts for friends and would love to hear about your joyful beads!

No comments:

Post a Comment