August 13, 2009

What's gonna be? Guess we'll just wait and see...

So I may have mentioned that next week at Construct, we are having an 80's themed Prom. I am very much looking forward to this, because I love 80's music and pop culture. Some of us are dressing up in costumes or 80's style clothing. I plan to do this all weekend at the con, just because its so fun. I am planning a costume based on Punky Brewster, one of my favorite shows from when I was a kid. I wanted to be just like Punky...I loved her style! But I am giving it a little twist...

My idea is to dress as "Steampunky Brewster"! I am not going to spend a lot of time on it, but there will be a few key accessories that will blend my love of steampunk with my love of bad eighties fashion and Punky Brewster. This is not the first time I have pondered mixing these cultures. Anyway, I started with the signature Punky ponytail holders. She wore the cute bright colored smily sunshines in her hair. I am making smily gears that will be painted in the same colors. I carved them out of clay last night! I also spray painted my goggles with dayglo green paint! This is going to be fun...
Here is a video clip of the opening theme song of the show, in case you have no idea what I am talking about! Do you have any ideas of how I can blend steampunk with this brightly colored kid's clothing?



1 comment:

  1. woooooooooooooooo!! super cool!! i love punky brewster!!!memories, memories!!! your sunny smileys are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete