August 6, 2009

Steamy Idea-ology

A couple of weeks ago when I was having my resin playdate with Rosanne and Heather, Rosanne had some really cool gears and she let me use them in my pendants. I loved them (you have probably noticed I have a thing for gears) and I used them to make a couple of my favorite pendants from that work session! I had asked her where she got them, and then I looked for them at Hobby Lobby, but didn't find them.
About a week later, I was working on a super secret project, and came across a project's materials list with an item that looked similar. Upon further investigation, I found that the gear from that project and the ones I used at Rosanne's place are from Tim Holtz's Ideology embellishments line. I found a source for them online, a stamping store called Blockheads, and ordered several different items from the line. I love this line! It looks like it is made for scrapbooking and altered art, but can be used for jewelry too! They are really sturdy and well designed, with an aged steampunky and architectural edge. I am really excited to work with them!
My really big order is complete now (celebrate!) and I need to finish up a couple of other orders, but I am looking forward to taking some time to play with these items and other stuff! My buddy Sheryl and her girls came over to play with collage stuff yesterday, and I am going to be pouring the resin for those tonight. I will be sure to take some pictures of the results after I pour the resin. I hope this weekend I can take some time to play again!
These Resin Collage pendants, along with other new ones, are listed in the Earthenwood Etsy shop

7 comments:

  1. Tim Holtz's things are awesome! I've been able to find them at Michaels.... In the scrapbook section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen his things too at Michaels and I have a paper crafting friend who is always supplying me with the most awesome things...Thanks for sharing and congrats on the big order! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* these combination of materials!! Excellent stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this is just the kind of stuff I love. I use a lot of the Tim Holtz line. The embellishments are crazy fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie-What fun to see this! I used one of these Tim Holz gears on the back of one of your ceramic faces for my next Beadwork magazine project. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that first pendant is so gorgegous! the deep colours and the seed beads as decoration - simply inspired! great work!

    Emi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, nice pendants! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete