August 3, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

I woke up this morning with the strong urge to finish up the wet work for my big order. Yesterday was a great day of fun and relaxation, so today I was all fired up to get to work and get it done! No small task, though. I had 200 beads to make! I am very proud to say that I did it! I made 222 beads, actually... a few extra of each style, just in case.

It really helped that it was a beautiful day out. I made all but the last 40 while sitting outside, under my umbrella, chilling out with the doggie. I had 40 Voodie charms and 160 Steam Accents to make. Here they are, all lined up to dry in trays on the kitchen table.

And strangely, after every 10 or 20 beads, I took a break to work on cleaning the garage and getting garbage and recycling together. What kind of way is that to take a break? *laugh* Whew! I feel very accomplished, but also very tired now. I think a good night's sleep is in order tonight. Tomorrow, I am going to have to work on glazing. The end is in sight! *yippie!*

6 comments:

  1. Dang, Girl! You're busier than a bee set on fire! I, on the other hand, am the King of Procrastination. I wish I were the Emperor of Get-It-Done, but alas... it seems as though someone else holds the title. Maybe next time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And speaking of titles, just this morning, before I read this, my friend called me Leet Bead Mistress! Yeah, this felt good to actually get done...what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy bee. And you are putting me to shame...after working the gallery all day yesterday (lots of visitors - no sales) I just couldn't focus on anything. But during my rather boring shift I taught myself to wire wrap rings! So I will making more of those. Great inspiration into the process. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    Yes that was always hard for me, trying to work on my stuff after working at a day job elsewhere. Motivation is a challenging thing. I was very happy that I had it yesterday, and I got this done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a lot of beads :0
    I started a bisque load this morning, but I did not realy pack it full, too impatient I guess. You set a good example!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam,
    Filling up a kiln to capacity was a hard habit I learned from my teachers in college. I have a really hard time firing unless its really full! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete