July 14, 2009

Beads, Baubles, and Jewels...Lights, Camera, Action!

Well, almost a week has passed since I set out to Cleveland for the Beads, Baubles, and Jewels taping. Since then I have had a lovely few days off, and then a couple of days back in the studio working hard, while getting ready to take another couple of days off. It has been quite a whirlwind! I wish I had blogged right when I got back and my thoughts were fresh, so it feels a little strange to blog about it all now. So to sum it up, I was terribly nervous, but after meeting the staff of the show and the other great artists who were also filming, I calmed down and got more comfortable, I gave it my biggest and bestest effort, and I ended up having a great time! I am so excited to see how my segment turned out, but it will take a few months before the tape gets done and longer still before the show airs.
Kerry from Kab's Creative Concepts wrote a big post about the day, and she took the pictures I am using in today's post (thanks, Kerry!) Also, Jean Campbell and Marcia DeCoster wrote great posts about their filming experiences. Above, a picture of all my stuff on a tray in the green room, getting ready to go. I was really happy with the project I picked to show, a quick but interesting Steampunk pendant made with a brass filigree bead that unfolds to create a bezel for one of my porcelain gear discs. Its a pretty dramatic thing to show, so that's fun! I also talked a little bit about steampunk. It was very casual and conversational... not rehearsed and scripted... so I hope I sound reasonably coherent when I see it on tape. I think my ideas and creativity burst through my nerves and I got my thoughts across clearly.


Above, a picture of the television screen in the green room showing the feed of me and the host, Katina, in the middle of taping my segment. It was SO weird to see myself on TV, and all made up! The make-up artist did an amazing job, especially since my eyelids were all pink and itchy from my allergies. We sat down together with the producer, and I tried to ignore the big cameras and just chatted with Katina about Steampunk and my beads. It went so quickly! Did I mention that the staff was awesome, and made us all feel at home? It was a great experience and I am so glad that I did it! Stay tuned, I will certainly keep you all informed when I have updates on show times!

10 comments:

  1. Hmm, I hadn’t known green rooms were literally green. Regardless, the necklaces you brought and that Kerri photographed in the green room were fantastic choices for the show because of their broad appeal. Thematically floral, steampunk, dreamy designs, with varying lengths while retaining that Earthenwood [dare I say?] joie de vivre. I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say, “You bring it!” and I can't wait for the show to air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your jewelry look fantastic! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Gaea, you look awesome (and your jewelry as well of course!). Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jewelry is always awesome and you are a genuinely lovely person. The show picked someone fabulous when they chose you! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely! At least you had a makeup artist... I recently took a tour of an Organic farm, showed up in my torn overalls, no makeup, etc., only to discover that PBS was filming a TV show that day! Yikes! They followed us for the entire tour. Boy, I really represented for the Southern Slob that day. And no, I'm not going to tell you when it airs! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the show. You look beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congratulations you have conquer your nervousness. I do hope you can post the video on that TV program here on your blog so that we, your readers can see the stuff you made on that TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The collection you presented is fabulously gorgeous. No wonder the TV show was so eager to feature your works on their show.

    ReplyDelete