July 7, 2009

Beads, Baubles, and Jewels...Getting in Gear


Wheee! *flailing around* I am very nervously busy today, and will be for the next couple of days! I am getting my things together for my big TV debut! I am driving to Cleveland tomorrow, to tape for the PBS show Beads, Baubles, and Jewels on Thursday! Its very exciting, but I am also a little bit scared, as I have never done anything quite like this. But you don't grow unless you take risks and do things to push yourself, right?

My plan is to talk a little bit about steampunk, and its influence in fashion and in jewelry, and then demo a pendant made with Vintaj brass and a steampunk inspired ceramic stone, like the one above. I am feeling a bit unprepared, even though I have been thinking about it and have had it going through my head constantly for a couple of weeks now, since I met the producer at the Bead & Button Show. I think I am going to spend the rest of the day getting my notes and samples prepared, and getting myself ready as well... maybe a little spa treatment is a good idea?

I won't have much time once I get home to blog on Thursday, after the taping. I will probably run and do some shipping and errands, but then I am being whisked away early on Friday up to the North, for a wedding and a little weekend vacation. I will need it after the next few days. I will check in when I can, but until then, I hope you wish for me to break a leg (or whatever you tell someone who is going on tv...*giggle*) Whee!

16 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! Break a leg! Those of us out of state will be looking for you on youtube! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, awesome! I hope I'll be able to find it on YouTube, too, since I don't watch TV ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whee! That is awesome and terrifying! This is clearly one of the most public things I have done for my business and art. I hope I do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such wonderful tidings, Melanie! I drove your Vintaj package to the UPS store for mailing with Miss Jess! We are all so excited for your debut....I don't think I get that show, so I hope there will be a YouTube version to share. You will be great.....just remember to smile, have fun and be yourself! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin,
    Oh how fun is that? I just got the goodies yesterday! I will definitely share when the show comes out, and if it has online video too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie,
    How Awesome! You definately deserve the best! I feel every blog post from you lately has been something wonderful. You are going to be terrific on TV. Will be sending positive thoughts your way!

    In Beads and Happiness,
    Suzann Sladcik Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and for anyone looking for when Beads Baubles and Jewels is on in their area, they can go to

    http://www.pubtv.net/online/ks/BBJ/index.asp

    to find it. Hopes this helps!

    Suzann Sladcik Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! You will do great!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! It will be great. You'll do a splendiferous job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Hello miss movie star! Definitely let us know when/where/how we can see- I'm not in a BB&J market area :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations. So many of my favorite bead artists will be taping for BB&J this week. I can't wait to see the results. I know you will do well.

    For those of you who do not get the show, it is rebroadcast through the BB&J website. Here, the show is broadcast 2:30 a.m. on Saturdays - I record it for watching the next afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super congratulations. I DVR the series here in Chicago. Fridays at 1:30. It's about time they've invited you on! Maybe you'll get to hob nob with RioGrande rock star Mark Nelson and the seemingly sensational and ever so soft spoken Katie Hacker. You'll do great, and I'm excited to watch it. You've arrived, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone! BeadYourHabit, I did get to meet Mark Nelson and see him in action and he IS indeed a rock star! Sadly for us, Katie could not be there, but she was the one who helped me get my spot. She is sensational, isn't she? It was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Little Miss Starlet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, I will be watching for you. So glad you have found such happiness in your new freedom. Peace for all

    ReplyDelete