July 2, 2009

Art Beads Artistry: Clockwork Sparkle Necklace

The other day, I posted about a bracelet I made with some Swarovski crystal beads that I got from from ArtBeads.com. This is a necklace I made on the same day, with the two leftover Swarovski Crystal Rings in Light Smoked Topaz. I really like the way the color of the crystals work with the Rusty Engine glaze on my Toolbox Treasures, combined with the natural brass. I am such a sucker for any shade of brown! I also love the deco/nouveau style of the Vintaj components and how they remind me of clock hands and parts for some reason. The long lariat design of the necklace seems to work well with the brass and crystal for an art nouveau sort of style. This was a very simple project to make: just a few jump rings and head pin twists. I'm thinking I will submit this one as a project to a magazine somewhere, I have just been really lacking the time to send in submissions. Ah well, time to get ready for a sushi party tonight! Happy Birthday to my brother, Jeremy!

No comments:

Post a Comment