June 17, 2009

Rings & Things Product Playtime: Gunmetal Chain

Last month, I received a small piece of large linked hammered oval cable chain from Rings and Things, in my Blog Partners program. This is a great chain, and I love all the gunmetal finished findings that R&T carries. The finish goes perfectly with the gunmetal pewter glaze that I am using in my new ceramic pendants lately, particularly the Toolbox Treasures. In fact, I use the super heavy gunmetal jump rings from R&T to finish off each pendant. Anyway, I decided to make a necklace using the oval chain, mixed with some fun mesh style chain link components which have a great industrial feel and are really fun in the way that they add slinky movement to a piece of jewelry. For a little bit of contrast, I brought all this gunmetal together with some raw brass jump rings and a clasp from Vintaj. I think this simple mix of interesting metals and findings pairs really well with the Toolbox pendant, highlighting it without overpowering it.
To go along with this post, I loaded several of these large Toolbox Treasure pendants in the Etsy shop, which I have finally re-opened! Each one is handmade and one of a kind! Go check them out!

4 comments:

  1. I do so love your toolbox treasures! And that gunmetal chain is fabulous! I love to mix it with silver for a great black and white sort of contrast.

    I am trying my darnedest to get that Rings & Things blog partner banner to load on my site correctly. I have to go off and take some pics of my treasures that I just got.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This i great Melanie! I love those slinky links. I was looking at them in the catalog the other day. Looks great with your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pendant -- the "cropped" style of the image makes it irresistibly fascinating to gaze at. Really nicely matched when you do it up with the gunmetal chain!

    --Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I just became an R&T partner so I look forward to getting to play with some interesting goodies, too.

    ReplyDelete