June 16, 2009

Rings and Things Product Playtime: Lariat Findings

I received a sampler of Lariat Findings from Rings and Things last month to play with, and after thinking about it for a little bit, I decided that sometimes a simple solution is often best. These Lariat Findings came in a variety of great rainbow colors, and I matched them up with some of my glazes to make these quick and simple zipper pulls. I am not sure how others use these findings, but I think that people usually add beads to the ring and use the cord part to attach to a cell phone or zipper. I thought I would instead use the colored cords to hold the beads; to accent my disk shaped donut style beads, leaving the ring open to attach to a zipper, or for some other use. It was a very easy way to use a donut style bead, which can often be a bit of a challenge for beaders to use. I love these little guys, and am going to attach one to the zipper on my hoodie, one on my keychain, and one to my phone!

6 comments:

  1. What a truly clever and original use of the lariats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, usually people use the lariats to attach stuff to a cell phone. Your use works really well to turn your colorful donut shapes into a drop. I love it when people find new uses for the components we carry at Rings & Things!

    I also like the little guy looking over your work. He reminds me of some one I once saw in a mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you the clever one? Love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super clever idea Melanie! I love that you coordinated the glazes. I was thinking of some other ideas for using them that would be "outside the box". Great ideas! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I know this sounds like a broken record, but I can't help it, WHAT A CLEVER USE OF THESE LANYARDS!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete