June 10, 2009

Blogger Breakfast


I have been home from Bead & Button for three days now, and am still very exhausted. I got most of my stuff put away, and have been working on cleaning the house and studio up. I still don't have a lot of energy to write or take pictures of new stuff, so I am just going to steal blog material tonight. *wink* First, a picture from the Saturday morning Blogger Breakfast! These are some of the fine designers and bead makers that I write about each Sunday in my Extra Extra posts! Starting from the left: Andrew Thornton, Heather Powers of Humble Beads, Diane Hawkey, Me, Katie Hacker, and Linda Augsburg. Thanks to Andrew for the picture and the links (stole it from his blog) Also in the last couple of days, Andrew wrote a touching post about the highs and lows about doing these big conventions. I can really relate... they can be wonderful and creatively fulfilling and full of great energy, but there is sometimes a big crash when coming home, even if the show was great. I am probably experiencing a little of that, mixed with fatigue, and sore muscles from all the heavy work lately. It's a strange feeling, as I am very creatively stimulated and have a ton of ideas, but have a hard time getting motivated to work on them, because the body and mind so tired. Ah well, the ideas will not go away, they are just churning around, and this sleepy state is temporary. Stuff to do... must carry on... that's it for tonight.

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling it at this end too, Melanie. So much inspiration tempered with so much exhaustion. But it was great to catch up with you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Am glad you had a great time. Your new work is incredible. Glad to be back reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! I laid all the new purchases out in class last night...so many ideas and not sure where to start. Great job at the show! Your booth looked great and whenever I passed by, it looked like there was a crowd. Congrats on making it through the show! Can't wait to see what you are up to next!

    ReplyDelete