June 1, 2009

Bead & Button Show, Milwaukee, Booth 1227!

wow, only two days left to work! I am leaving for Bead & Button on Wednesday sometime. So much left to do still. I wanted to post today with my booth number (1227! Come say HI!) and to say goodbye because I might not get a chance to do so again.

I was getting a bit anxious because I made all of these great new Toolbox Treasures and I was saving them for last in the glazing process. My thought process was to save them until the end, because they are fun and exciting (its like dessert!) and I would get all the stuff I needed to get done first. Well, that may have been a poor choice, as I am now running out of time and kiln space. It was making me restless. Anyway, no worries... I woke up early, unloaded the little kiln and filled it again with ALL of the Toolbox Treasures. I feel better now that they are firing, but also *gulp* I sorta put all my eggs in one basket with that. Tomorrow, I plan to do the same thing, firing ALL of the Openwork Escutcheons in the kiln. *laugh* I hope the kiln gods are smiling down on me for the next two days... *doing a happy fire dance*


I have actually been learning a lot in firing these newest works. Different sized items, different hole configurations, different kiln furniture setups. I never stop learning and evolving with the clay... there is always something new to learn.



So, glazing and firing are almost done and I am spending the bulk of the next two days getting my displays all worked out. Here is a shot of a new display setup. I am using some old displays with some new cards and new clippy things. The office supply store is my friend lately. Anyway, thats what is up here. Better get back to it! See you next week after the show!

11 comments:

  1. I like the binder clip idea for your display - I bet it really makes it easy to get things in and out of the display! I hope all of the kilning goes well for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be stopping by! I like how you describe them as "dessert"...I plan to sample your fine wares and those toolbox treasures are so intriguing. Use your time wisely and have a safe trip! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great kiln setup! Love how much room you made in there. Good luck with the firing. I'll set my little kiln god out on one of my kilns as a little backup for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes, Melanie, if I could I'd be there and bring you a hot drink and snack, but if you see any phantams that would be me, trying to be there in spirit since I can't go in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, get yourself through this show and then you can come west and visit a day or two with Heather and I...your room will be prepared if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun, good luck to you. i wish i could go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sending up a prayer to the kiln gods for you! Have a safe trip and a wonderful show :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are looking fantastic. I bet it's so much fun learning about the fascinating art of using the kiln. Good luck with your firing! (wow... who'd have thought firing would be a good thing?!) haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie, can't wait to see you at the show. I'll be sure to stop by to see if you need anything. Everyone here at BeadStyle, Bead&Button, and Art Jewelry magazines is also running around trying to get things ready for the show. Classes have already started, and I can't wait to get to the Marketplace this weekend! For more info, go to BeadAndButtonShow.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I know you must be worn out but I tagged you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melanie,

    It was great seeing you on Sunday! I love the new beads, especially the one I bought from this last firing, above. Even my mother raved about it, and she is pretty hard to please!

    ReplyDelete