June 30, 2009

ArtBeads Artistry: Clockwork Sparkle Bracelet

Tick Tock, Tick Tock! That old saying about having too much time on your hands... well, that does not apply to me, lately. I have a big old pile of tasks to do and beads to make, and somehow that pile seems to be growing! Time is slipping away from me and I am scrambling, but I feel great. Just trying to keep up...

For example, I started this bracelet in my booth at the Bead & Button Show. I had received a delicious shipment of 6 Swarovski Crystal Rings from ArtBeads in May to blog about, and wasn't able to make anything in the days leading up to the show. But I found some time at the show, and started the bracelet. And I just finished it this week and just took the photos yesterday.

Anyway, this crystal ring bead is a style of the many kinds of Swarovski crystal beads that I have not used before. When I ordered them, I had just started making the Toolbox Treasure links, so I had a piece like this in mind, and I chose earthy colors in Olivine and Crystal Copper. I love the way they look with my Desert Pine and Rusty Engine glazes. The faceted rings are neat, because they have a small hole running through, in addition to the large central hole, so there are a variety of different ways to use them. I chose to use a headpin on each side, strung through the bead from the center, so I could wire wrap them, leaving the center hole open. I think it would be fun to trap a little bead inside the ring, too.

I am really pleased with this bracelet design. I like the colors and the little clock charm, and how it works with the subtle gear and industrial markings on the Toolbox links. The faceted rings add a bit of elegance and sparkle to the bracelet too.

I mentioned that I ordered 6 rings, and only 4 are shown here. Tomorrow, I will show you what I did with the other two.

5 comments:

  1. I have never used them! I admit that they mystify me a bit. I tend to use really small crystals in certain places. I will have to check these out at ArtBeads the next time I am there! Thanks for sharing! Great bracelet design.
    Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bracelet, Melanie. I really enjoy your work.

    willow
    http://simplywillow.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bracelet! I can't wait to see how you used the other 2 rings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While perusing the Art Bead Scene Blog today I happened across your delightful space. Such talent, Darling; I can't wait to peruse your shop! I am drawn to muted color palettes and now I have a brand new source for delicious beads to use in my artwork. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!

    Warmly,

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! fantastic in all ways!

    ReplyDelete