May 11, 2009

Work in Progress


I had a long day of doing paperwork, filling orders, and cleaning up. I really wanted to play in clay instead. I am energized by my new pieces and thus distracted from the other work that I have to do. But I finally got to spend an hour or so playing and squishing stuff into clay tonight, so I am feeling pretty good now. Above, a picture of some of the new pieces I made yesterday. Below, a picture of some of the tools that I used to make them. I keep wandering around the house, finding new things to play with, and bringing them to my work tray. Whee! much fun. So, I need a name for these new pieces. Something about toolboxes or hardware or something like that. Any suggestions? If I choose your suggested name, I will send you a selection of these goodies to thank you, as soon as they are glazed and finished. Leave me a comment with your ideas!

7 comments:

  1. I imagine something like the Machine Shop or Foundry. Perhaps "Machina Mundi"- the World Machine or Machine of the World (hearkening back to what passed for astronomy in the 13th century). More straightforward, you could try something like "Workshop" or "Workshop Ephemera".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest "Machineworks"- simple but that's what the works reminded me of :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool. I can't wait to see them glazed. How about Tool Box Treasures for a name? They make me think of my grandfather's woodshop which is always a happy memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Tool Punk because they are soooo steampunkis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea you have with these little goodies.
    How about "Tinker Tools"? Tinker-fixing stuff and tools-using to put stuff together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about "Timeless"? They are beautiful. Will you have them at the Bead and Button Show?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    How about'Foundry Artworks' as most metal work done a long time ago was done in foundrys and the originals made by craftsmen of that time.

    ReplyDelete