May 12, 2009

Toolbox Treasures


Wow, thank you all so much for the name suggestions! There were SO many great ones, I am really impressed by all of them. Geez, there are some great ones that you came up with that are still bouncing around in my head, and the names alone could inspire even more new beads and jewelry for me, so thanks!

I have chosen Toolbox Treasures, and I would like to thank Debbie for that suggestion! She was reminded of her grandfather, just as I am, and she said "They make me think of my grandfather's woodshop which is always a happy memory". Debbie, send me an email at earthenwood at gmail.com with your address and I will send you some of these goodies!

I chose the name because I fell in love with the thought of the toolbox as a treasure chest. That's sort of how I see this big dusty toolbox in my basement... its grimy and old and dirty, but full of treasures if you look deep enough. I am also a sucker for alliteration! I also think I can make it look nice, word wise, with a neat font., and I like the way it sounds when I say it (and I will have to say it many times at the show) Oh the many things I consider about when figuring out a name, hehe.

Thanks again everyone, for your suggestions. To answer some of yesterday's questions... Yes I will be bringing these to the Bead & Button show. I plan to have a big portion of my display devoted to these new works, actually. And yes, they will eventually end up on the etsy too, and in jewelry, after the June show. For now, here is just a little taste...the first few finished pairs...listed in the Earthenwood Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment