May 26, 2009

Time's Up!

I finally finished my wet clay portion of my production for the Bead & Button show! I finished yesterday, and today was spent sanding and detailing. I loaded up the big kiln and it is firing a bisque now. I packed that kiln FULL. My hands are tired and sore, and I am pretty exhausted from all of the clay work. I am taking tonight to have a little hand and foot spa treatment, and to take care of my puppy, who had some dental work done today, and is feeling very needy.


Next up, is a week full of glazing and firing kilns, packaging and labelling display items, and making brass pendants. Its still a pretty overwhelming amount of work. I may enlist the help of my friends this week, if I can lure them over here with energy drinks and snacks! I will likely be pretty sparse for the next few days while I do all of this work, but don't worry, I am hanging in here! I do hope I can get a picture of all of the bisque when it is done, and some pictures of the display dry runs. YAY! Only one week left!!!

6 comments:

  1. I am going to miss not being at B & B this year. I would love to see your new pieces in person. They are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will miss you too! I hope to list them on etsy when I get back. I made a ton of these! each one different too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you ever going to make anything better? You have taken your idea, a new trend, and mastered it so quickly. It seems like magic to be able to see how you work - thanks - peace for all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I hope your puppy is feeling better soon.

    If I were close enough, I'd come help. You wouldn't even have to give me an energy drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on filling the kiln! Hope you enjoyed your spa treatment and you gather you strength for the week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete